DNA sampling has considerable implications in immigration procedures. It is eliminating the uncertainty and subjectivity associated with discretionary decisions, empowering family members seeking settlement and their right to entry to hosting countries. MHAC has successfully collected and dispatched DNA samples to different laboratories around the world. Currently The unit is conducting DNA sample collection for Italy, U.K (Refugee program) and New Zealand visa applicants.
The applicant must be referred by concerned laboratories, immigration authorities and other sources to MHAC Kabul. The followings are a list of documents and information needed for this procedure:
- A valid passport / A certified Copy of passport (Certified by authorities where the original passport is)
- 1 Copy of applicant’s valid passport
- 2 passport size photo (3.5 X 4.5 cm) in white background
- Phone number in Afghanistan/where the applicant resides
- An email address
- Resident address
- Applicants migrating to Italy have to pay a service fee of USD 50 in Cash. For New Zealand applicants the laboratory transfers the fee to IOM bank account.
- For appointments and further details the applicants may call the phone numbers mentioned at bottom of this document from Sunday to Thursday during working hours. The applicants may also book their appointments by sending an email to [email protected]
The applicant should write all the required information on a piece of paper or in the back side of his/her passport copy as due to security concerns the applicants are not allowed to bring their electronic devices inside IOM compound in Kabul.