Applicants willing to migrate to United Kingdom are supposed to undergo a Tuberculosis (TB) screening which includes filling the questionnaire, a physical check, a health background check and a chest X-ray report. The applicant will be issued a certificate in around 30 hours if he is found healthy. The followings are a list of documents and information needed for this screening:
- A valid passport
- One Copy of your valid passport
- 2 passport size photos (3.5 X 4.5 cm) in white background
- Phone number in Afghanistan/where the applicant resides
- An email address
- Resident address
- Detailed address of the location where the applicant is going to stay once she/he reaches U.K.
- Name, relationship and phone number of the person sponsoring the applicant in U.K.
- Detailed address of the person sponsoring the applicant in U.K. this should include a postal code
- A polio vaccination card that will be verified by the MHAC. It can be obtained free of cost at certain government vaccination centers in Kabul and provinces. Indira Gandhi Children hospital is an example. For polio vaccination at government centers you don’t need a referral letter.
- For children below age of 11 the service fee is USD 63. The service fee for applicants who turn 11 and above age of 11 is USD139. The service fee is received in Cash by IOM accounting and treasury department and a cash receipt is issued to the applicant. This service fee is subject to review and change every year. It is better that the applicant confirms the service fee once she/he books the appointment.
- For appointments and further details the applicants may call the phone numbers mentioned at bottom of this document from Sunday to Thursday during working hours. The applicants may also book their appointments by sending an email to [email protected]
The applicant should write all the required information on a piece of paper or in the back side of his/her passport copy as due to security concerns the applicants are not allowed to bring their electronic devices inside IOM compound in Kabul.